Terms & Conditions of Service
The following terms and conditions cover all aspect of trade between you, the Customer and Sabre Jewellery Limited trading as The Gold Bullion Company.
- Standard Terms of Service
- These terms and conditions are the entire terms and conditions between The Gold Bullion Company and you, it's Customer and replace any terms and conditions proposed or offered by the Customer. In the event of any conflict or any apparent conflict with any other terms and conditions relating to this contract then these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- Nothing within these standard terms and conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer. The Gold Bullion Company cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information provided by the customer that may affect the normal processing and delivery of goods and services.
- The Gold Bullion Company has offered to sell precious metals to you upon the basis of these terms and conditions and by placing an order with it you accept that the contract for sale and purchase is governed by these terms and conditions.
- Payment Processing
- By completing our online order process, you agree for The Gold Bullion Company to debit your provided payment method using our secure third party payment gateway partner Sage Pay. Orders placed using a credit or debit card will be delivered to the registered card holders' address only. An alternative delivery address will only be accepted for orders placed using cheque or bank transfer upon receipt of cleared funds to our nominated bank account.
- The Gold Bullion Company will refuse or withhold orders for any transactions that fail our security checking and antifraud tests, and we accept no liability for any costs or losses which may arise in those circumstances.
- We welcome payments by bank transfer either via online banking or in branch transfers to our account, sort code 20-07-71 and account number 20110345 – Where possible, please use your order number as a reference. Bank transfer payments must be received within 24 hours.
- Cheques should be made payable to The Gold Bullion Company and sent by first class post to 95 Spencer Street, Birmingham, B18 6DA. Please note cheques must be sent with 24 hours of placing your order and take up to eight business days to clear.
- All goods are delivered to your nominated delivery address via Royal Mail. The service is dependent upon the order value. Special Delivery is the delivery method for orders over £300. Your order will arrive before 1pm the following business day and will require a signature on delivery. Standard Delivery is the delivery method for orders under £300. Orders over £200 but under £300 will receive FREE Standard Delivery. Your order will be delivered within two business days and will require a signature on delivery.
In the event that your order arrives damaged, is lost or is missing items, you must contact The Gold Bullion Company the next working day to report the incident on 0121 523 1047. The customer is required to retain all packaging and paperwork and must assist The Gold Bullion Company with any enquiries during the investigation into the damaged, lost or missing items.
- Insurance is the direct responsibility of the appointed courier or delivery agent. Insurance claims are made directly by The Gold Bullion Company. A replacement or refund will be issued to the customer within 3 business days of our receiving cleared funds from the insurers.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to check the security of all package content on receipt of delivery, or write 'Contents not checked' when signing for deliveries.
- Deliveries with opened, re-sealed or significantly damaged packaging should be refused, and the courier should be instructed to return the package to The Gold Bullion Company. The Customer may be liable to a redelivery charge, if the original delivery is subsequently found to be correct.
- The Gold Bullion Company accepts no responsibility for late delivery of goods or the consequential loss of trade or inconvenience as a result of delayed deliveries; regardless of cause or fault. Late or delayed deliveries may be subject to compensation by the courier or delivery company. You should contact the company directly to make any enquiries, using your tracking number provided as reference. Time is not of the essence of this contract.
- The Gold Bullion Company accepts no responsibility for the loss of goods delivered at the Customers instruction to multiple occupancy addresses such as flats and complex buildings, where someone other than the stated addressee signs for and accepts receipt of goods. Customers must ensure that parcel delivery arrangements are in place to accept and receive goods at the nominated delivery address.
- Please note that when goods are delivered to the nominated address and signed for then for all legal purposes they are considered delivered by The Gold Bullion Company, Royal Mail and our independent insurer. The obligation of The Gold Bullion Company pursuant to this contract for sale and purchase is limited to arranging secure delivery to your nominated address and securing receipt of a signature confirming safe delivery.
- Any parcel that is deemed to be undeliverable by Royal Mail will be returned to the Gold Bullion Company. These goods will be re-dispatched once you have supplied valid photo identification (in the form of a passport or two-part driving licence) and a recent utility bill. The Gold Bullion Company reserves the right to charge a redelivery fee.
- Our standard default delivery option - Orders for in-stock items have to be completed before 2.30pm1 on standard business days in order to be dispatched same day by secure and fully insured delivery.
The Gold Bullion Company is not obliged to accept the return of any goods or offer a refund. If a refund is requested by the customer, it will be subject to reappraisal and the actual amount refunded will reflect our current buy back rate; generally spot price on the day we receive the goods.
- Any monies paid as a deposit to secure metal pricing are non-refundable, and will be set off against either the purchase price or cancellation charge.
- Customers should be aware that the value of their investment may change between pre-order and delivery. Any adverse movement in the metal price will not entitle the customer to a full or partial refund.
- Changes to supplied Brands
For certain products, including 250 gram, 500 gram and 1 kilogram gold bars, we reserve the right to supply an alternative brand product to that shown. Alternative products will be from an equivalent premium brand manufacturer or LBMA member that supplies bullion products.
- Cancellation of Orders
- The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional charges) Regulations 2013 regulate distance and off-premises contracts. Contracts for the sale and purchase of gold and silver bullion are exempt from cancellation provisions in these regulations because "the price is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by the trader".
- If you do wish to cancel after placing your order, the Gold Bullion Company will charge an administration fee of 3% of the invoice value or £20.00, whichever is greater..
- The Gold Bullion Company will require a valid copy of personal identification for each customer for all transactions settled by bank transfer where the order value exceeds £5,000.
- A series of transactions settled by bank transfer where the combined order value exceeds £10,000 in a 12 month period will also require customer identity verification.
- The Gold Bullion Company reserves the right to ask for personal identification for any other order where it cannot verify your identity by other means.
- Suitable and acceptable identification is a current passport or current two part photo driving licence, together with a recent utility bill no more than three months old showing your current home address.
- If the customer is unable or unwilling to supply personal identification, the Gold Bullion Company will cancel the order and refund the money to the originating account. In this circumstance we will charge an administration fee of 3% of the invoice value or £20.00, whichever is greater.
- Private Information
The Gold Bullion Company never shares private user information or contact details with any third party and endeavours to ensure all customer data is kept secure in accordance with legal requirements for the storage of data.
We sell and buy metal based on global metal market prices which are outside our control, and change frequently. The historical performance of our price is not a reliable indicator of future prices.
- Our right to retain your property
We can hold on to or otherwise retain any items that belong to you if you owe us any payment or other sum.
- Storage of Precious Metals
We offer a service of storage of your precious metals. If you wish us to store your precious metals for you, we shall do so only upon the terms and conditions of our standard precious metals storage agreement. A copy will be provided to you upon request.
- Further Information about our terms and conditions of business
Should you require further information regarding these terms and conditions or have a complaint regarding our business, please forward your request in writing to:
The Gold Bullion Company
The Jewellery Business Centre
95 Spencer Street
The Jewellery Quarter
'The Gold Bullion Company' is a trading name of Sabre Jewellery Limited. (Company No. 02813603)
Our company is registered at the following address: